Sat, Mar 20|
Cole Harbour Place
2020 Summer Power Skating - Session 1
Gain confidence to win more races in the game on offence and defence with Landonedge Skating's expert instruction + feedback. Landonedge Power Skating is founded on Todd Landon's 20+ years experience as a certified + chartered high performance speed skating coach.
Time & Location
Mar 20, 2021, 7:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Cole Harbour Place, 51 Forest Hills Pkwy, Dartmouth, NS B2W 6C6, Canada
About The Event
Skating with power + efficiency requires the proper combination of body positioning, blade edges, and stride direction to build and maintain speed on straights and through turns.
Summer Programs Curricula:
Starting – use body positioning, blade pressure, and stride direction to accelerate.
Straights – use body position, blade pressure, and stride direction to effectively push off the skate to build and maintain straight away speed.
Corners – use body position, blade pressure, and stride direction to effectively push off the inside and outside skate to build and maintain speed through cross-overs.
Backwards – use body position, blade pressure, and stride direction to build and maintain backward speed.
Technical Evaluation - an introductory and mid-point assessment of technical competency and development.
Programs limited to 18 skaters
1:6 coach to skater ratio
Certified and trained skating coaches
6 Practices - Thursdays June 25 - July 30
Cole Harbour Place, Dartmouth
Price (includes HST):
- $199.99 early bird fee until April 19
- $229.99 regular fee after April 19
- Criteria: For younger and newer Hockey and Ringette skaters - all levels of 6-9 year olds, and B and C levels of 10-14 year olds.
- Schedule: Off-ice warm-up - 5:50pm-6:15pm + On-ice development - 6:30pm-7:20pm
- Criteria: For seasoned and older Hockey and Ringette skaters - A-AAA levels of 10-14 year olds, and all levels of older skaters.
- Schedule: Off-ice warm-up - 6:50pm-7:15pm + On-ice development - 7:30pm-8:20pm