March 15, 16, 17, & 18|
Dartmouth 4 Pad
March Break Power Skating
Win more races in the game on offence and defence with the the skating power + efficiency gained from Landonedge Skating's expert instruction + feedback.
Time & Location
March 15, 16, 17, & 18
Dartmouth 4 Pad, 261 Commodore Dr, Dartmouth, NS
About The Event
Skating with power + efficiency requires the proper combination of body positioning, blade edges, and stride direction to build and maintain speed on straights and through turns.
Landonedge Power Skating is founded on Todd Landon's 20+ years experience as a certified + chartered coach developing high performance speed skaters.
The four sessions with 30 minutes of off-ice and 50 minutes of on-ice instruction will begin to cover:
- Starting – how to use body positioning, blade positioning, and stride direction to accelerate.
- Straights – how to use body position, blade position, and stride direction to effectively push off the skate to build and maintain straight away speed.
- Corners – how to use body position, blade position, and stride direction to effective push off the inside and outside skate to build and maintain speed through cross-overs.
Targeted ages and abilities:
- Ages: 10-14 (older ages welcome too)
- Abilities: playing house league to AAA
- Thursday March 15 - 4:30pm check-in, 4:45pm off-ice, 5:15pm change, 5:30pm on-ice.
- Friday March 16 - 4:45pm off-ice, 5:15pm change, 5:30pm on-ice.
- Saturday March 17 - 12:30pm off-ice, 1:00pm change, 1:15pm on-ice.
- Sunday March 18 - 12:15pm off-ice, 12:45pm change, 1:00pm on-ice.
- $125.00 Until February 15
- $150.00 Until February 25
- $175.00 After February 25
Win more races in the game on offence and defence with the expert instruction + feedback from Landonedge Skating.
Landonedge Power Skate registration fee after February 15, 2018.