June to August 2018|
Dartmouth 4 Pad Arena
Summer Speed Skating
Landonedge Skating offers a 10-week speed skating program. Add a 10 strength training, 10 dryland training, and/or 10 in-line skating sessions for a complete summer of training.
Time & Location
June to August 2018
Dartmouth 4 Pad Arena, 261 Commodore Dr, Dartmouth, NS B3B, Canada
About The Event
Skating with efficiency requires the proper combination of body positioning, blade edges, and stride direction to build and maintain speed on straights and through turns.
Landonedge Skating is founded on Todd Landon's 20+ years experience as a certified + chartered high performance speed skating coach.
Gain confidence to win more races with Landonedge Skating's expert instruction + feedback.
Summer programs curricula:
Starting – using body positioning, blade positioning, and stride direction to accelerate.
Straights – using body position, blade position, and stride direction to effectively push off the skate to build and maintain straight away speed.
Corners – using body position, blade position, and stride direction to effective push off the inside and outside skate to build and maintain speed through cross-overs.
Technical Evaluation - an introductory and mid-point assessment of technical competency and development.
Each week of 10-Week program includes 30 minutes of off-ice preparation before 50 minutes of on-ice development.
Abilities: regional to national competition
- Mondays June 4, 11, 18, 25 - 6:45pm off-ice, 7:15pm change, 7:30pm on-ice
- Thursdays July 5, 12, 19, 26, August 2, 9 - 6:15pm off-ice, 6:45pm change, 7:00pm on-ice
- $299.99 early bird fee until May 4
- $329.99 regular fee after May 4
- Strength Training - $149.99 for 10 sessions of strength development to compliment the on-ice skating development training plan. Strength sessions will run Wednesdays from June 6 to August 8 a 6:00pm or 7:00pm at MD Fitness and Wellness, 31 Queen Street, Dartmouth.
- Dryland Training - $99.99 for 10 sessions of off-ice technical and fitness development to compliment the on-ice skating development training plan. Dryland sessions will run Thursdays from June 7 - 28, and Mondays from July 2 to August 6 at 6:00pm or 7:00pm at the Dartmouth Common off of Wyse Road.
- In-line Training - $99.99 for 10 sessions of in-line skating technical and fitness development to compliment the on-ice skating development training plan. In-line will run Wednesday mornings from June 4 to August 8 at 7:00am at the Emera Oval.
10-Week Regular Fee (11+)
Regular fee begins on May 5, 2018. 10-Week Program runs Mondays on June 4, 11, 18, 25, and Thursdays July 5, 12, 19, 26, August 2, 9.$329.99
10 Dryland Training Sessions
Add 10 dryland training sessions on Thursdays June 7-28, and Mondays July 2 - August 6.$99.99
10 In-line Skating Sessions
Add 10 in-line skating sessions on Tuesday mornings from June 5 to August 7.$99.99